I'm on day 2 of ambulatory.
Yesterday:
We pregnancy checked some mares. We used ultrasound to see the heartbeats.
We filled out health papers for some beautiful dairy show cows.
We made a farm call to check on a down beef cow. Mystery as to why she was down. The most gigantic bull was standing over her. They get big. REAL big! We took her (via sling lifted by tractor) to the barn so she could be in the shade.
Today:
We drew blood from a bunch of dairy cows on a 3000 head dairy. The U of I wants to buy some cows for the students to palpate, etc. So these are cull cows we were testing to see that they were disease free so we could buy them. I got to draw blood form 14 different cows. And then I managed to step in a drain and lose both my boots. Shit poured into them and I was stuck mid-calf deep in shit. Thank goodness Dr. Hermann sent me home to shower. I was probably offending everyone!
Then we ultrasounded a mare that had 2 embryos. They were still both there but are too close to terminate one safely. So we are just going to give it time
And finally a trip to Kickapoo to check out a lame fawn that we could not catch.
Worst story ever! I hope the shoes were not expensive ;)
ReplyDelete