So the last 2 weeks have been really amazing. I have 2 more weeks to go in this rotation. Just when I think I've seen it all, another case comes in that drops my jaw to the floor. I would never publish all the gross details, but I have officially worked on most animals. We even had 2 frogs come in on Friday from one of the local zoos.
Highlights from the week (there are really no such things as highlights on the necropsy floor):
We discovered a perforation in the stomach of a super spoiled dog from Chicagoland. Pretty sad story, but it feels good to know that they will at least know what happened.
A cat with FIP. FIP is a sick sick disease.
Racehorse with neuro signs.
Cow with mastitis.
As part of this rotation, I worked form midnight-6am this past Saturday in the large animal ICU. There were a bunch of horses including 4 sets of mares and foals. In the farms ward, there were 2 ridiculous goats and a male sheep. The time went quick because we have to go around every hour to check on everyone. The foals are incredibly cute, and goats are pretty sassy in general. I was totally fine until around 4:30 and I started to feel a little wiped out. It was a good intro, though to the next rotation. I'll be on equine and (one of my 4weeks) will have to spend a week doing exactly what I had to the other night. I think if I can get into a night routine, it should not be all that bad.
Arthur was down here this weekend (since I had to go into the clinic on Sat). He is going to be my rock this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment