Long. Day. Started at 8am and ended at 7pm. Back tomorrow at 5:45. And this is how the next 4 weeks will go. I teamed up with Chelsea on a mamma, foal mini pony combo. He is ridiculous. Suspected pneumonia. We needed an x-ray of his chest, so how do you get a foal to the imaging ward? Put a lead on mamma! He followed right behind. Rads looked great! So the little dude and his mamma will probably be going home tomorrow.
Another cool patient is the HUGEST horse I have ever seen! Mare who's baby ended up hemorrhaging through her umbillicus and did not make it. Mamma then became pretty ill. We had the foal on necropsy a couple of weeks ago. Sad, but mamma seems to be doing well. She is going to be going home at some point soon. I think that if I extend my arm straight into the air, she would still be taller. pretty amazing creature.
No comments:
Post a Comment